Friendship: A character stands up for h

in So alt sind wir 12.03.2020 03:03
von xuezhiqian123 • 950 Beiträge

The Top 10 Things I Learned Lecturing on a Cruise Self Help Articles | August 4 Wholesale Jerseys Cheap , 2002
Coaching has come of age! Recently I ... ... lectures on a ... cruise. Here's what I ... Nobody in the audience had heard of ... work is cut out for us!2. People are

Coaching has come of age! Recently I presented enrichment lectures on a Caribbean cruise. Here's what I learned.

1. Nobody in the audience had heard of coaching.

Our work is cut out for us!

2. People are eager for personal growth and enrichment. Even on a cruise vacation!

What could possibly entice people away from a pina colada by the pool? The chance to understand themselves better and find ways to make their lives work!

3. We learn best when it's active learning.

Quizzes, interactive exercises, games and prizes never lose their appeal and are solid teaching devices. Give your audiences plenty of opportunity to tell their stories to others, meet new people, put pen to paper, put into practice what you've just told them Wholesale Jerseys Online , and have fun and they'll learn more -- which is your purpose, after all.

4. It's worth getting up at 5 a.m. to watch the day break.

The breaking away of the darkness is even more spectacular than the rising of the sun. And isn't this what we do in coaching? Break up the darkness so our clients can rise like the sun and shine? What a great profession!

5. Word-of-mouth works.

Going around talking with people individually, one-on-one and giving them personal invitations to attend was what worked (in addition to interesting, well-presented lectures). The audience doubled at each presentation as word got around.

6. Metaphor is a master coaching skill.

In this diverse audience, the things that had the most impact were the visuals (transparencies) and the stories. Art, poetry Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping , parables and myths resonate with us all. Metaphor transcends all time, ages and cultures. Use it!

7. We need to deliver what we promise.

Several participants told me, "It was so nice you actually talked about what you said you would." Are speakers not doing this? If not, why not? Our audiences deserve this.

8. Coaches are ideal enrichment lecturers.

9. "Optimism" was the most popular topic.

In this age of epidemic depresson and stressful lifestyles, the most popular talk was the one on how to learn optimism.

10. Appreciate what you have!

I stood, watching the dawn Wholesale Jerseys From China , beside a 35 year old man from Kansas who had never seen an ocean before. It was like looking at the world through new eyes. I've seen so many oceans so many times in my life. I think I'll focus on that!

Every parent wants their child to develop positive character traits. One way to supplement your child's character education is to act as a filter for the movies and television shows your child watches, and to review the books your child reads.

The following categories are modeled after "The Book of Virtues for Young People," an excellent book for children in its own right, written by William Bennett. When developing a curriculum of character education for your child, it's helpful to review each children's book, television show Wholesale Jerseys China , and movie for both positive and negative examples of each of the ten virtues outlined in "The Book of Virtues for Young People." The stronger the message, the more it will contribute to your child's character education.

Following are some ways in which the virtues can manifest as character traits in children's books, movies, and in television shows:

Self-Discipline: A character discusses his feelings of anger rather than impulsively striking out. Or, a character gets his chores done before he goes out to play.

Compassion: A character understands the pain or suffering of a friend, and steps in to help Wholesale Jerseys , even when it means she can't attend the party she was looking forward to.

Responsibility: A character admits it was his baseball that broke the window, and offers to pay for a replacement. Or, a character keeps her promise to babysit her younger sister, even though she'd rather go to the movies with her friends.

Friendship: A character stands up for her friend in front of her peers, even though it's not popular. Or, a character befriends the class bully in an effort to get him to change his ways.

Work: A character approaches her job with a positive attitude Cheap Baseball Jerseys , and does her very best even when her boss is being unfair. Or, a character makes up a game to get through an unpleasant task, and takes pride in her work even though it goes unnoticed.

Courage: A character is afraid of the raging waters, but takes the risk and dives in to save her family. Or, a character stands up for what he believes in, even ed.

When evaluating character traits and virtues in kids' books, movies, and television shows, also look at negative behavioral influences. Ideally, these influences will be minimal. Consider, for example:

Violence: Does the character hurt himse. Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 20261 Themen und 542665 Beiträge.